Help a friend out. When they offer you more zucchini, don't run away. Take it off their hands and make these fries!Easier than french fries, these Baked Zucchini Fries are a healthier option. Yes, I'm using still using my garden zucchini! Preheat oven to 400*.
Crack three eggs in a dish. Check out those yolks! My girls are awesome 🐔
Add a couple of tablespoons milk.
Mix it up.
In another dish combine 1/2 C grated parmesan with 1/2 panko. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
Cut the ends off of the zucchini. Line up your prep dishes. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your sheet at the end of the line. You really don't have to line everything up. It's my neurosis speaking 😉
Slice zucchini into fairly symmetrical lengths. I used a french fry cutter.
Coat zucchini with egg mixture.
And then parmesan/panko mixture.
Lay them out on a baking sheet, making sure they don't touch each other.
Drizzle oil over the top. A little sprinkle of herbs here adds more flavor to the finished product.
Bake in a 400* oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with marinara.
Baked Zucchini Fries:
- 2 medium sized zucchini, sliced uniformly
- 3 eggs
- 3 T milk
- 1/2 C grated parmesan
- 1/2 C panko
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried oregano; or 1 T fresh, finely chopped
- 3 T oil; I used Olive oil
- Mix wet ingredients in a dish
- Mix dry ingredients in another dish
- Coat sliced zucchini with wet ingredients
- Then coat with dry ingerdients
- Bake at 400* on parchment cover baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
- Serve with marinara